Town Council Minutes August 2018

PONTELAND TOWN COUNCIL

MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD IN THE TOWN COUNCIL OFFICES, PONTELAND ON 8 AUGUST 2018  

Present:  Councillor A Varley (in the Chair)

Councillors L Darwin, R Dodd, A Hall, Mrs S Johnson, Mrs K Overbury and A Shanley

         

  1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Apologies for absence were received from Councillors S Ahmed, Mrs C Caisley, T Edwards-Clay Mrs C Greenwell and Mrs K Woodrow.

  1. MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL MEETING HELD 11 JULY 2018

 

The Minutes of the Council Meeting held on 11 July 2018 were submitted for approval.  In relation to Minute 45(i), page 2, the Council asked if the word ‘total’ could be inserted in the final line of the first paragraph which would then read; ‘meet the total cost of equipment that could be used elsewhere in the county’.

 

RESOLVED – The minutes be approved subject to the amendment above being made.

 56    DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

There were no declarations of interest.

  1. MATTERS ARISING

(i)         Minute 47 – Northumberland Local Plan

The Clerk reported that she had prepared a first draft response to the above.  Responses had to be submitted to NCC by 15th August.  Members agreed to send any comments to the Clerk by the morning of Monday 13th August.

 58.     PLANNING

 

(i) Planning Committee 

Minutes of meetings held on 26th June and 10 July 2018 were circulated for information.

 

(ii) Report on recent planning decisions

There was nothing to report.

 

  1. GRANTS

(i)         Ponteland Memorial Hall – see attached

A grant application from the Memorial Hall in respect of their annual grant had been received.  The Clerk reported that funds had been included in the budget for this purpose.

 

RESOLVED – That a grant of £6,300 be approved.

 

 60.  PROJECTS REPORT

 

The projects report had been circulated for the information of Councillors.

 

RESOLVED – The report be accepted.

 

  1. HIGHWAYS WORKING PARTY

 

Minutes of a meeting of the above Working Party held on 13 July 2018 had been circulated.

RESOLVED – The minutes be approved, and the following recommendations be agreed:

(i)         Northumberland Local Transport Plan (LTP) Submission 2019-20

The Council approved the draft letter for submission to NCC which listed the three priority items from PTC, together with two reserve items, some items that could not be funded through the LTP and their usual request for a bypass or relief road for Ponteland as a major road scheme.

 

(ii)        Item 305 – ‘Clean it up’ stencil

The Council agreed to the purchase of an A3 sized official ‘clean it up’ stencil at a cost of £12.99 + £3.90 delivery for periodic use by PTC contractors in refreshing stencilling on Thornhill Road.

 

  1. ENVIRONMENT WORKING PARTY

 

Minutes of a meeting of the above Working Party held on 16 July 2018 had been circulated.

RESOLVED – The minutes be approved, and the following recommendation be agreed:

(i)         Christmas lights at Merton Way

The Council approved the installation of solar Christmas trees at Merton Way at a cost of £588 plus VAT.  Members noted that the trees were not available for purchase, only for rental.

 

  1. AIRPORT WORKING PARTY

 

Minutes of a meeting of the above Working Party held on 23 July 2018 had been circulated.

The Working Party had considered the Newcastle Airport Masterplan 2035 and had compiled a response that had been circulated for approval.  This had to be submitted to the Airport by 13th September.

RESOLVED – The minutes be agreed, and the draft response be approved for submission to the Airport in advance of the deadline date.

 

 64.   NORTHUMBERLAND COUNTY COUNCIL REPORT

 

Councillor Dodd reported that the Local Plan consultation process ended on 15th August.

He reported that the works to the car park at the back of Merton Way would start on 20th August and whilst there would be disruption, it would be worthwhile for the additional parking that would be available.

 

  1. MAYOR’S REPORT

 

The Mayor submitted details of his diary engagements for July, August & September.

           

  1. REPORTS BY TOWN COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES ON LOCAL ORGANISATIONS

           

(i)         Ponteland Community Partnership

Minutes of a meeting of the PCP held on 20 June had been circulated for information.

 

(ii)        Ponteland Community Trust

Information had been received from the Town Council’s representative on the Community Trust including minutes of the last two meetings and a terms of reference document relating to potential discussions regarding the Ponteland Memorial Hall.  The Town Council was mentioned in the document as a potential tenant for the Hall and the Clerk was asked to write to the PCT to request the removal of this reference from the document as this had not been discussed directly with them.  She was also asked to request that the PCT contact the Town Council direct prior to seeking grant approvals for anything relating to the Town Council or on land that they own.

 

 67.   ACCOUNTS/ BANK RECONCILIATION/ BUDGET REPORT

             

The Accounts Committee approved payments totalling £38,394.12. A copy of the monthly budget report was also circulated, as well as the Bank reconciliation for July 2018.

 

RESOLVED – The reports be accepted.

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING – WEDNESDAY 12 SEPTEMBER 2018 AT 6.45 P.M. AT THE TOWN COUNCIL OFFICES

 

 
 

Share this Post